At Buckingham Primary Academy, we believe that our geography curriculum is designed to develop children’s curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives. Through perseverance and our carefully designed 3D curriculum, children investigate a range of places – both in Britain and abroad – to help develop their knowledge and understanding of the Earth’s physical and human processes. We are committed to providing children with opportunities to investigate and make enquiries about their local area of Hull so that they can achieve of real sense of who they are, their heritage, what makes our local area unique and special and developing their cultural capital.
Through high quality teaching, we develop the following essential characteristics of geographers;
• An excellent knowledge of where places are and what they are like, both in Britain and the wider world
• A comprehensive understanding of the ways in which places are interdependent and interconnected
• An extensive base of geographical knowledge and vocabulary
• The ability to reach clear conclusions and explain their findings
• The ability to express well-balanced opinions, rooted in very good knowledge and understanding about current issues in society and the environment
• A genuine interest in the subject and a real sense of curiosity about the world and the people who live here.